- YellowPears have an egg-shaped appearance with a large spherical lower portion, gradually tapering and rounded at the top.
- They have bright green skin with fine hints of brown. The flesh is white and juicy when ripe, with a lemon like flavour that is subtly sweet.
- Yellow pears are a good source of fiber and vitamin C.
- They improve digestion and help in weight-loss.
- They fight diabetes and provide anti-oxidants.
- They are the best pre or post workout snack
- they are rich in natural fructose and glucose.
- They are also good for the immune system and help prevent cancer.
Storage and Uses-
- Ripened pears are green. Store them in the refrigirator for 3-5 days. Gently press your thumb near the stem end of the fruit, if it is softer, then they are ready to eat.
- Feel the fresh texture of pears raw or in salads. Owing to the dense flesh, they can be consumed baked, roasted and grilled.
- Blend them into a smoothie when they over ripe.